Thirty Seconds To Mars Premiere Diverse & Tearful Music Video For "Rescue Me": Watch
Thirty Seconds to Mars premiered today the music video for "Rescue Me".
This song becomes the third official single from the Jared Leto-led rock band's fourth studio album "America", which Thirty Seconds to Mars released last April. The preceding singles were "Walk on Water" and "Dangerous Night".
Explaining the inspiration for "Rescue Me" and the treatment of the music video, Jared Leto said the following in a statement:
"Rescue Me is a song about pain, a song about empowerment, a song about faith, and a song about freedom.
Freedom from the wreckage of your past. Freedom from the bondage of self. And freedom to embrace all the promises that life has to offer.
It’s also a song about the brutal war so many of us wage against fear, depression and anxiety in the hope that we might, one day, live a life filled with happiness and dreams.
Pain does not discriminate. It can affect us all. In our bodies. Our hearts. Our minds. And often, when that pain is emotional or mental, we are afraid to speak up.
None of us are “ok” all the time. And there shouldn't be a stigma when we aren’t. Both my brother and I have had our own intense personal battles and it has, and continues to be, life changing. I try to remember that just past the darkest days await the brightest and most rewarding moments. And that change is always right around the corner.
I want to thank everyone for being so brave, selfless and vulnerable in this video. The emotion and honesty shared impacted me greatly and I hope it does that same for you all. I am very proud and grateful to have worked with one of my heroes - the master filmmaker and director Mark Romanek. It’s the first time in 13 years I haven’t directed our videos. It was a gift to have him carry the weight so graciously and deliver something so profoundly simple and beautiful.
If you think someone in your life needs help, ask them if they’re ok and make sure they they know you’re there for them. And keep showing up. Help however you can.
If you are hurting, you can get through this. Tell someone you trust. And please make sure you ask for help".
The "Rescue Me" music video sees a group of diverse individuals letting all their emotions out and even shed real tears in a pitch-black room.
- Major Lazer & Tove Lo’s “Blow That Smoke” Is A Caribbean Bop: Song Premiere
- Olly Murs Goes From Ugly Duck To Dashing Gentleman In “Moves” Music Video: Watch Here!
- Cardi B’s Performance at the 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards Was EPIC: Watch Here!
- Here’s Finally The Studio Version of Billie Eilish’s “When The Party’s Over”: Premiere
- Hot: This Is Mariah Carey’s “Caution” Album Cover Art!
- Pink Announces 2019 European Leg of “Beautiful Trauma Tour”: Did Your City Make The List? Find Out Here!
- Lady Gaga Is Truly Getting Married! Watch Her CONFIRM She’s Engaged To Christian Carino: Video
- The Tinashe Curse Continues? She Gets Eliminated From “Dancing With The Stars” So Early!
- Little Mix Name Their New Album “LM5” And It Isn’t A Joke: Out November 16, See The Cover Here!
- Solange’s "More Sensual" New Album Coming This 2018 Fall, More Details Here!
- Camila Cabello Is An Elusive Chanteuse In Bazzi’s “Beautiful” Remix Music Video: Watch Here!
- Just Announced: Mariah Carey’s New Album “Caution” Out November 16!
- Obrigado! Camila Cabello Brings Out Anitta In Brazil, Perform “Paradinha” & “Real Friends”: Watch
- This Is Why Shakira Is Better Than Your Faves: Protects Fan From Security!
- Charlie Puth Shows His Love For H.E.R. With This “Could’ve Been” Cover: Listen!