Shayne Ward - Gotta Be Somebody (New Song!)
English singer Shayne Ward premiered his brand new single "Gotta Be Somebody" on Friday via Manchester's Key 103 radio. This will be the first cut to be lifted from Ward's upcoming third album "Obsession" which hits stores in the UK on November 15th. Shayne rose to fame as the winner of the second series of The X Factor in 2005. His two first albums, "Shayne Ward" and "Breathless", peaked at #1 and #2 respectivaly in the UK. The singer's last album was released in 2007 so it's taken him two-and-a-half years to actually put out a follow-up. He better deliver and make the wait worth it.
"Gotta Be Somebody" is a cover of Nickelback's 2008 single of the same name (Top 10 hit in the USA). Shayne's version is obviously non-rock as he asked producers Ray Hedges, Nigel Butler, Cutfather and David Kopatz to give it a new beat. The original melody is "kinda" there but they've replaced the rock notes for synth-beats and some auto-tune. Not sure I'm feeling this. Sounds a bit boring and monotonous if you ask me. And what's with the covers these days? First Joe McElderry and now Shayne. They're both signed to Simon Cowell's Syco label so he must be responsible for these decisions. I truly hope Shayne has better songs on the album. "Gotta Be Somebody" will be released in the UK on November 7th.
- Song Premiere: Bebe Rexha - "Last Hurrah"
- Avril Lavigne Releases First New Album In 6 Years, Stream “Head Above Water” NOW!
- Song Premiere: Cardi B & Bruno Mars - "Please Me"
- Zedd & Katy Perry Officially Release "365", Music Video Is Out Too!
- BLACKPINK Take Over U.S TV, Perform “Ddu-du Ddu-du” on ‘Stephen Colbert’ & ‘GMA’: Watch
- Normani Premieres "Waves" Music Video: Watch Now