Shawn Mendes Releases His Most Personal Song Yet, "In My Blood": Stream & Official Review
This is growth.
Shawn Mendes released his much-anticipated new single “In My Blood” on digital platforms this Thursday morning (March 22). “In My Blood” serves as the first official single from the Canadian singer-songwriter’s upcoming third studio album (the follow-up to 2016’s “Illuminate”), which will be released in stores later this year via Island Records. Just mere hours after the digital release of Shawn’s new single, “In My Blood impacted directly into the Top 10s of several iTunes charts around the world. We can definitely expect to see “In My Blood” ranking at #1 everywhere later in the day. Have you bought the song yet? No? Then do so immediately! This song needs all of our support to go #1 (especially in the U.S) as soon as possible because it literally is the definition of PERFECTION.
“Sometimes I feel like giving up / But I just can't / It isn't in my blood”, sings an on-the-verge-of-crying Shawn Mendes on the chorus of his new single. This lyric line is enough to understand what this mid-tempo ballad is all about. And I definitely get now why Shawn said just minutes before “In My Blood” got released that this was his most personal song to date. This is a song about feeling in your darkest moment, thinking that you will never overcome your fears or achieve what you are striving for but just when the thought of giving up is crossing your mind you will remember that quitting just isn’t in your DNA. So Shawn will remind you to keep persevering and hold your head high. I honestly gave Shawn an imaginary hug after giving “In My Blood” a first entire listen. The lyrics are so emotional and heartbreaking that I know for a fact the sentiment of the song is 100% a real-life story of Shawn.
Now let’s talk about the sound of “In My Blood”. This isn’t “Handwritten” or “Illuminate” Shawn. This is a new, more mature Shawn Mendes and you can immediately tell. Shawn has seemingly opted to add a little more rock and an universal sound to his music for this new era and it shows on the first single “In My Blood”. This song sounds epic, global, timeless, and it’s giving me serious Harry Styles “Sign of the Times” in the grandiose sense. “In My Blood” is definitely a step of evolution for Shawn and I think there’s no stopping him now. If he already was a superstar for our generation then with “In My Blood” and his upcoming new album, I feel like Shawn will be now become a favorite for all living generations. This is how big “In My Blood” is.
- The Chainsmokers Premiere “This Feeling” Music Video: Motocross & Few Scenes of Alex Pall Shirtless!
- Dido Returns With A Magical Song of 5 Minutes, “Hurricanes” / Announces World Tour Too
- Exclusive Interview: Melanie Fontana, Writer Of BTS’ “Euphoria” & Many Future K-POP Hits
- So Deserving: Ariana Grande’s “Thank U, Next” Debuts at #1 On Billboard Hot 100
- Watch Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora & John Legend Perform at 2018 People's Choice Awards: VIDEOS
- Lil Wayne Releases 3 New "Tha Carter V" Bonus Tracks
- Jennifer Lopez’ Body In The “Te Guste” Music Video With Bad Bunny Is Jaw-Dropping: Watch
- Suave Khalid Premieres "Better" Music Video: Watch Now!
- Lil Wayne Performs "Can't Be Broken" With Halsey & "Uproar" With Swizz Beatz On 'SNL': Watch