Rita Ora Premieres “Velvet Rope”, A Song That’s Both Groovy & Sad
Rita Ora gifted fans a new song from her upcoming album "Phoenix" this Thursday afternoon. The song is called "Velvet Rope", it's a song that's part of the deluxe edition only of the of the "Phoenix" LP, and it's possibly the last countdown single we're going to get as the new Rita album is arriving in stores next week (out November 23).
"Velvet Rope" sounds quite groovy and feel good despite the sad lyrics. Quite contradictory indeed but who doesn't love a feel good sound though? The sadness comes when Rita sings about being heartbroken about a boy who already moved on to a new love apparently. "Where did it go? / The love that we shared / Guess we'll never know / Is it hidden behind that velvet rope?" sings Rita, clearly still confused as to why this guy decided to throw it all away.
I feel sad for Rita but at the same time I just can't stop nodding my head along to the melody and instrumentation in the chorus.
- WOW! Miley Cyrus Covers Ariana Grande's "No Tears Left To Cry" on BBC Radio 1: Did She Improve The Original?
- Cardi B's "Carpool Karaoke" Feels Like The Best One Yet: Watch Full Episode Now!
- Alessia Cara Performs MIND-BLOWING Cover of Ariana Grande’s “Breathin’” On BBC Radio 1: Watch
- Will Zayn Be Dropped From RCA? First Week Sales For "Icarus Falls" Look DISMAL!
- Did Netsky & Stargate Rip Off Their New Song “Big Hearts” From K-Pop Girl Group Momoland’s “Fly”? You Be The Judge!
- Camila Cabello Wishes Now Her Debut Solo Album Wasn’t Named “Camila” But…
- Cardi B Doesn’t Want Offset To End Up Like Pete Davidson, Defends Him From Social Media Bullying After Embarrassing Failed Apology Ambush
- Miley Cyrus Delivers POWERFUL Performances Of “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” & “Happy Xmas ” On ‘SNL’: Watch
- PRETTYMUCH Shake It Like “Jello” In New Music Video, One Member Gets Into A Massive 'Nail' Controversy!