Normani Covers Billboard Magazine: Talks Ariana Grande, Debut Album & Feeling FRUSTRATED In Fifth Harmony!
2019 is going to be the year of Normani. I can feel it. If I were Camila Cabello, I would delay the release of my sophomore second solo album for 2020, I’m just saying!
Normani, who tomorrow will be releasing a collaborative single with Sam Smith titled “Dancing With A Stranger”, is on the cover of the new issue of Billboard Magazine. The R&B singer looks absolutely STUNNING in all of the photos Alexandra Gavillet took of her. Which is your favorite?
In the actual interview she had with Billboard Magazine, Normani discussed about the freedom she has found outside Fifth Harmony, the frustration she felt at times in the girl group where she was sometimes unfairly treated, repping for young black girls, meeting Ariana Grande for the first time or the writing/recording process of her much-anticipated debut solo album (coming out later this year).
On meeting the “Thank U, Next” singer for the first time ever:
On being sometimes relegated to background on some Fifth Harmony songs:
Normani reveals her feelings of insecurity being given minimum parts in 5H:
“So many sessions, I would cry like I’ve never cried before,” she recalls, citing one for the song “No Way” where she was the only member relegated solely to background vocals." - Billboard pic.twitter.com/FAOgI0E9fw— Music News Facts (@musicnewsfact) 10 de enero de 2019
On album number 1:
"Writing for the album, says Normani, has brought her not only a sense of creative control, but an opportunity to use her voice in a way she never could before." - Billboard pic.twitter.com/SXQbvcYqo9— Normani News (@NormaniNewsWW) 10 de enero de 2019
For the full cover story, click here.
DO YOU SEE NORMANI HAVING A MASSIVE CAREER? ONE HIT WONDER?
- Song Premiere: Marina Serves Greece Nostalgia In "Orange Trees"
- Pink Defies Gravity In Silhouette-Filled "Walk Me Home" Music Video
- Alan Walker Makes Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko Sing Together In Bilingual “On My Way”
- Lizzo Requires A Heavy Beat To Dance, Says In Missy Elliott-Assisted "Tempo"
- Unexpected: Why Don't We Recruit Rapper Macklemore For New Single "I Don't Belong In This Club"
- Post Malone's "Wow" Music Video Is So Random
- Is Normani Beyoncé´s Successor? Watch The Videos From Her First Show As Opening Act For Ariana Grande: Simply Epic