New Music: Lights - "Up We Go" [Premiere]
Canadian singer Lights (real name: Valerie Anne Poxleitner) is to release on September 23rd her new third studio album “Little Machines” via Warner Brothers Records. The first single from the Juno Award winner’s new album is the anthemic, electro-pop song “Up We Go”. The single was released on iTunes in the morning of July 22nd, and in the afternoon, an audio video of "Up We Go" was uploaded to YouTube.
"I think we captured a timeless electronic sound and I'm really proud of it," said Lights of the new album “Little Machines”. "This record felt like a triumph after a hard dry spell. I turned to poetry, art and female songwriting legends and found myself writing about nostalgia and naivety and just enjoying music again. It feels like a complete journey, from front to back."
Review of “Up We Go”
This is my first time hearing music from Lights and it won’t be my last! I am a fan. “Up We Go” has made me a fan of Lights, and I cannot wait to check out what she’s got in store for us in “Little Machines”.
I have plenty of time till September to listen to Lights’ two previous albums and catch up with all the good stuff I've been foolishly missing!
“Up We Go” is an electro-pop track, very anthemic-sounding and very up-lifting and positive. The song is about thriving. Forgetting to look back as UP is the only place we’ve got to go now. The electro-pop production on “Up We Go” is absolutely amazing, so meticulously crafted, the vocal effect on Lights’ vocals isn’t annoying at all, and I just love the fragile voice of hers. Kind of reminds me of Ellie Goulding. And I love me some Ellie!
Lights will be focusing in the U.S with this album and Warner Brothers Records has prepared a mini US tour for her. Check out dates here.
Hit or Miss?
- Post Malone & Swae Lee Turn Into Pop Singers For ‘Spiderman’ Song “Sunflower”: Listen Here!
- Tove Lo's "Blue Lips" Short Film Has Finally Premiered: Watch Now!
- New Song Premiere: Zayn - "Fingers"
- Exclusive Song Premiere: Marisa Maino - “Ever Young”
- Troye Sivan’s Ballad “Revelation” Is Too Beautiful & Perfect: Song Premiere
- Zara Larsson’s New Single “Ruin My Life” Has Some ‘Controversial’ Lyrics: Listen Here!
- Mariah Carey’s New Song “The Distance” Is About Winning In Love Despite Haters: Listen Now!
- Major Lazer & Tove Lo’s “Blow That Smoke” Is A Caribbean Bop: Song Premiere
- Olly Murs Goes From Ugly Duck To Dashing Gentleman In “Moves” Music Video: Watch Here!
- Cardi B’s Performance at the 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards Was EPIC: Watch Here!
- Here’s Finally The Studio Version of Billie Eilish’s “When The Party’s Over”: Premiere
- Hot: This Is Mariah Carey’s “Caution” Album Cover Art!
- Pink Announces 2019 European Leg of “Beautiful Trauma Tour”: Did Your City Make The List? Find Out Here!
- Lady Gaga Is Truly Getting Married! Watch Her CONFIRM She’s Engaged To Christian Carino: Video
- The Tinashe Curse Continues? She Gets Eliminated From “Dancing With The Stars” So Early!