New Music: Lana Del Rey - "High By The Beach" [Premiere]
Christmas has come earlier this year.
The new Lana del Rey single “High by the Beach” - that is, the first official single off the NYC chanteuse’s forthcoming third studio album “Honeymoon”, out later this year on Interscope Records – leaked online today, August 8th, two days in advance of the scheduled world premiere/iTunes release. Oh well, no biggie. Interscope just have to rush the release and problem solved.
“High by the Beach” seals the return of Lana to being the Lana from the “Born to Die” era. The Lana we all fell in love with - she has publicly admitted she might have gone ‘too far’ with her sound in “Ultraviolence”. Isn’t this exciting? But although Lana sounds like the Lana from back in the day in “High By The Beach”, she had to bring something new and unique for her “Honeymoon” era, because apparently otherwise she wouldn’t be showing musical growth. So what’s different in “High By The Beach”? The synth beat. Say what? Lana doing synths? Yeah! There’s a beep-y, synth-y beat going on during the choruses. The beeps are fine, they don’t ruin the song, and kind of make it sound more exciting actually. Its give the song a certain mainstream edge. [More on the new single here]
Hit or Miss?
- Surprise: Robyn Performs 'Ever Again' On 'Ellen'
- Bebe Rexha Premieres “Last Hurrah” Music Video: Watch
- Adam Lambert Premieres New Song “Feel Something”, Fourth Album Out This Year
- Lizzo Performs “Juice” Acoustically, Covers Miley’s “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” On ‘Live Lounge’ : Watch
- Little Mix, Pink, Dua Lipa & More Perform at 2019 Brit Awards: Watch