Major Lazer & Tove Lo’s “Blow That Smoke” Is A Caribbean Bop: Song Premiere
Major Lazer and Swedish singer Tove Lo have teamed up for a new song titled “Blow That Smoke”. The track was premiered just a few minutes ago on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show and immediately after the upbeat collaboration was released on digital platforms. We do know the music video for “Blow That Smoke” was shot last month in California but a premiere date for that is yet to be revealed.
“Blow That Smoke” is a lot of things; it’s reggae, it’s dancehall, it’s pop, and it clearly screams ‘summer’. But we’re in fall now, so what the heck? Major Lazer could have scored a monster summer hit with this single but it’s arrived a little too late. No biggie, though. Clubs also need bangers in the fall season. It’s just that this song would have undoubtedly shined more in the summer. But summer is coming to South America, Australia soon and it’s always hot in the Caribbean, so lucky are those guys who will be able to bop to “Blow That Smoke” in hot temperatures with a fresh mojito in their hands.
I think thinks is the first time I hear Tove Lo in this kind of beat and she definitely sounds comfortable in it. Loving the chorus, loving all the intelligent innuendos about partying, drinking and smoking weed, and all in all, this is a bop y’all. Get into it!
- Surprise: Robyn Performs 'Ever Again' On 'Ellen'
- Bebe Rexha Premieres “Last Hurrah” Music Video: Watch
- Adam Lambert Premieres New Song “Feel Something”, Fourth Album Out This Year
- Lizzo Performs “Juice” Acoustically, Covers Miley’s “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” On ‘Live Lounge’ : Watch
- Little Mix, Pink, Dua Lipa & More Perform at 2019 Brit Awards: Watch