Maggie Rogers Opens Up Her Heart In New Single “Light On”: Listen Now!
Maggie Rogers revealed today that her much-anticipated full-length debut album is officially titled “Heard It In a Past Life” and that it will be released on January 18th, 2019 (*exhales* January? Really? I don’t know what you think but I think her label is doing her dirty….).
Maggie launched the pre-order for the album a couple of hours ago on iTunes and this Wednesday afternoon she also released a new single – the song “Light On”. Maggie first debuted it on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show before liberating the track on digital platforms and with Zane she also discussed her new album a little.
"It's not something that I just made because I had to. It's something that... I really love and care about every song." @maggierogers on her new album. https://t.co/4Bl1Rd6Lcw pic.twitter.com/Ir1DYfO9lp— Beats 1 (@Beats1) October 10, 2018
With respect to her new single, Maggie stated the following: “a letter - from me to you - about the last two years of my life. thank you for leaving the light on. this song belongs to you now.”
Huh, I should have read Maggie’s comment about what "Light On" was really about before giving it a first listen. On my first listen I assumed the song was about something else. But now I get this is about Maggie’s view of how her career how unfolded (for good or worse) in the last years and how she was afraid her fans would abandon her (but here we still are rooting for you, girl!).
This is one beautiful song, definitely a little more synthpoppy than her previous releases, but yep, I dig this. Do you?
- Travis Scott’s “SICKO MODE” Music Video, Co-Starring Drake, Is Here! Watch Now!
- James Arthur’s New Ballad “Empty Space” Is One Of The Best of 2018: Listen Here!
- Here’s Luis Fonsi’s Single For The Winter/Fall Period, “Imposible” Featuring Ozuna: Listen Now!
- Cher Lloyd’s Comeback Single “None Of My Business” Is A Chill Bop With Lots Of Attitude: Listen Here!
- Britney Spears’ “Domination” Las Vegas Residency Has Been Announced But The Announcement Was Awkward As Hell: Watch
- Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK’s “Kiss And Make Up” Is Exactly The Banger We Deserved: Listen Here!
- Post Malone & Swae Lee Turn Into Pop Singers For ‘Spiderman’ Song “Sunflower”: Listen Here!
- Tove Lo's "Blue Lips" Short Film Has Finally Premiered: Watch Now!