Listening To Shawn Mendes’s “Lost In Japan” Will Want You To Buy Him A Flight Ticket To Tokyo: Review
If I wanted to give Shawn Mendes a hug after first listening to “In My Blood”, now I want to gift him a flight ticket to Tokyo after listening to “Lost In Japan”. That’s right, the Canadian singer-songwriter released this Friday morning a second song from his forthcoming third studio album. We know “In My Blood” is the album’s first single, but is “Lost In Japan” the second? A dual first single release? There’s a little bit of confusion in the Shawn Mendes fandom right now but we’ll leave that predicament to be solved in the next few days (but what I want is music videos for both songs ASAP). For now, let’s just click play (multiple times) and enjoy “Lost In Japan”.
With “In My Blood” I just wanted to look at the rain pour down on my window pane and cry as I heard the heartbreaking lyrics sung by Shawn, but with “Lost In Japan” I’m feeling hopeful and I want to dance a little bit. Like a Robin Thicke in “Lost Without U” kind of dancing. That’s the mood Shawn’s new song “Lost In Japan” is giving me. Sad but optimistic at the same time.
“I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan, and I / I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight / 'Cause I-I-I can't get you off my mind”, sings Shawn on the chorus of his brand new song, which is kind of a funky, groovy mid-tempo ballad number (and this comes quite handy to reduce my depression caused by “In My Blood” yesterday). Shawn clearly met someone very special while spending a few days in Japan for promotion and was heartbroken when he had to leave the country, for he left that special somebody he fell in love with over there (I love how this song is gender-neutral by the way, so we can all sing along without any issue or having to change any lyric). But you know what… now that I think about it better, it was for the best. Long distance relationships are so difficult to manage. But I do comprehend Shawn’s heartbreaking pain (but here's a friendly tip: if it can't be, just reminisce the good times you both shared).
Read the official lyrics to "Lost In Japan" here
- The Chainsmokers Premiere “This Feeling” Music Video: Motocross & Few Scenes of Alex Pall Shirtless!
- Dido Returns With A Magical Song of 5 Minutes, “Hurricanes” / Announces World Tour Too
- Exclusive Interview: Melanie Fontana, Writer Of BTS’ “Euphoria” & Many Future K-POP Hits
- So Deserving: Ariana Grande’s “Thank U, Next” Debuts at #1 On Billboard Hot 100
- Watch Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora & John Legend Perform at 2018 People's Choice Awards: VIDEOS
- Lil Wayne Releases 3 New "Tha Carter V" Bonus Tracks
- Jennifer Lopez’ Body In The “Te Guste” Music Video With Bad Bunny Is Jaw-Dropping: Watch
- Suave Khalid Premieres "Better" Music Video: Watch Now!
- Lil Wayne Performs "Can't Be Broken" With Halsey & "Uproar" With Swizz Beatz On 'SNL': Watch