Jennifer Lopez To Receive The Vanguard Award at 2018 VMAs: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?
MTV has announced Jennifer Lopez will receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the upcoming VMAs, to be held on August 20th at Radio City Music Hall. Rumors heavily indicated Missy Elliott was going to take the award this year but MTV killed those rumors yesterday.
What has J.Lo done to be worthy of this award?
“She has sold 80 million records worldwide, 40 million albums, had 16 top 10 hit songs, three No.1 albums and is the first woman to have a number one album and film in the same week, with J.Lo and the romantic comedy The Wedding Planner.”
It all makes sense now. Jennifer received two VMAs nominations this year for her “Dinero” music video, which is an absolute trash of a song. Why would MTV nominate Jennifer’s worst song in history TWICE? Because they selected her for the Vanguard Award too.
Jennifer is set to perform a hits medley at 2018 VMAs and definitely expect that performance to be show-stopping.
Also, in a Facebook Live interview for MTV yesterday following the announcement of her as this year’s Vanguard Award honoree, Jennifer Lopez said Missy Elliott and Lady Gaga should win this career-praising award too soon (points to Jennifer for trying to calm down Missy’s fans’ anger with this comment).
- Watch Little Mix's STEAMY Music Video For New Single "Think About Us" Now!
- Song Premiere: Lizzo - "Cuz I Love You"
- Song Premiere: Bebe Rexha - "Last Hurrah"
- Avril Lavigne Releases First New Album In 6 Years, Stream “Head Above Water” NOW!
- Song Premiere: Cardi B & Bruno Mars - "Please Me"
- Zedd & Katy Perry Officially Release "365", Music Video Is Out Too!
- BLACKPINK Take Over U.S TV, Perform “Ddu-du Ddu-du” on ‘Stephen Colbert’ & ‘GMA’: Watch
- Normani Premieres "Waves" Music Video: Watch Now