Jennifer Hudson Sings Heart Out In New Single “Burden Down”: Listen
Jennifer Hudson is ready to give us goosebumps once again. The powerful R&B singer released a new single called “Burden Down” today on digital platforms and premiered its official music video today as well on VEVO. “Burden Down” is the second single, follow-up to “Remember Me”, from J-Hud’s upcoming fourth studio album, which will be out next year via Epic Records. “Burden Down” is piano ballad where Jennifer will tell us how fed up she’s with her current relationship. “You keep me asking, you keep taking / And that's no reciprocation / I shouldn't have to do this by myself”, she sings in the second verse.
The song is powerful, Jennifer’s vocals are outstanding as usual, and we particularly loved that acapella moment at the end. We didn’t expect it and were pleasantly surprised. “Burden Down” gives us a little bit of Sam Smith vibes and that can’t be a bad thing.
By the way, ever since we knew Jennifer Hudson was going to be a coach on this season of “The Voice”, we knew her and Epic Records would release a new single at some point before the finale. Now it’s just a matter of time until we see Jennifer killing this song live on a live episode. We have no doubt that will be the exact moment when “Burden Down” really takes off on the charts.
- Surprise: Robyn Performs 'Ever Again' On 'Ellen'
- Bebe Rexha Premieres “Last Hurrah” Music Video: Watch
- Adam Lambert Premieres New Song “Feel Something”, Fourth Album Out This Year
- Lizzo Performs “Juice” Acoustically, Covers Miley’s “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” On ‘Live Lounge’ : Watch
- Little Mix, Pink, Dua Lipa & More Perform at 2019 Brit Awards: Watch
- Song Premiere: Pink - "Walk Me Home"
- Maggie Rogers Brings Out Florence Welch For "Light On" Performance In London: Watch