Ellie Goulding - 'Tessellate' (Music Video)
Watch Ellie Goulding spend a spooky night in Paris in the music video for the British singer's cover of indie band Alt-J song's "Tessellate". Ellie premiered the audio of her modified, acoustic version of "Tessellate" only last week via Soundcloud, and today (June 4), the 26-year-old unveils a visual for the 'intimate' track.
"Tessellate" sounds like a song made/born for Ellie. Her ethereal vocals simply soar over the song's hypnotic atmosphere, complete with subtle jazzy elements in the production. Really good. Could this be a hint of what Ellie's cooking for her "Halcyon" follow-up album?. Yet, I think Ms Goulding should never get rid fully of her electronica-influenced music. Commenting back on Ellie's "Tessellate" MV, the visual is dubbed, "Une Nuit à Paris" (A Night in Paris), it was filmed in French capital last May and it was directed by Ben Newbury. In it, we see Ellie - almost looking like a nostalgic widow in black - singing the "Tessellate" lyrics in a chilling Paris corner, while other scenes feature the "I Need Your Love" star dancing in just lingerie around a French rococo chaise longue.
What do you think of the video?
- Surprise: Robyn Performs 'Ever Again' On 'Ellen'
- Bebe Rexha Premieres “Last Hurrah” Music Video: Watch
- Adam Lambert Premieres New Song “Feel Something”, Fourth Album Out This Year
- Lizzo Performs “Juice” Acoustically, Covers Miley’s “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” On ‘Live Lounge’ : Watch
- Little Mix, Pink, Dua Lipa & More Perform at 2019 Brit Awards: Watch
- Song Premiere: Pink - "Walk Me Home"
- Maggie Rogers Brings Out Florence Welch For "Light On" Performance In London: Watch