Britney Spears Deservedly Gets The ‘Vanguard Award’ At 2018 GLAAD Media Awards: Watch Her Amazing Speech
The legendary Britney Spears accepted the Vanguard Award at the 29th annual GLAAD Media Awards held in Los Angeles last night (April 12). The Vanguard Award is given to individuals who have “made a significant difference in promoting equality and acceptance of LGBTQ people”. And that’s basically the definition of what Britney has done during pretty much her entire career.
Dressed in a beautiful shimmering dress, the "Slumber Party" songstress walked up the main stage installed at The Beverly Hilton Hotel to receive from the hands of dreamy Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin this historic award. She then delivered a very impassioned acceptance speech that got me clapping and cheering for her almost non-stop as I watched it from my home computer.
HERE’S THE VIDEO:
And here’s a transcription if you can’t play the video above just yet:
“I wrote this speech, and it’s basically…I feel like our society has always put such an emphasis on what’s normal, and to be different is unusual or seen as strange. But to be accepted unconditionally, and to be able to express yourself as an individual through art is such a blessing. Events like this, the one we’re attending tonight, show the world that we’re not alone. We can all join hands together here and know that we are all beautiful…being a mother has shown me what it means to love unconditionally, and you all in this room have showed me throughout my career what it means to be loved unconditionally. It’s an honor to be here. Thank you to GLAAD, and the LGBTQ community, and family, and all of my friends and fans, I love you very much. Thank you.”
By the way, both you and Ricky have aged so well!
- This Is The Tracklist of Imagine Dragons’ “Origins” Album!
- Travis Scott’s “SICKO MODE” Music Video, Co-Starring Drake, Is Here! Watch Now!
- James Arthur’s New Ballad “Empty Space” Is One Of The Best of 2018: Listen Here!
- Here’s Luis Fonsi’s Single For The Winter/Fall Period, “Imposible” Featuring Ozuna: Listen Now!
- Cher Lloyd’s Comeback Single “None Of My Business” Is A Chill Bop With Lots Of Attitude: Listen Here!
- Britney Spears’ “Domination” Las Vegas Residency Has Been Announced But The Announcement Was Awkward As Hell: Watch
- Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK’s “Kiss And Make Up” Is Exactly The Banger We Deserved: Listen Here!