Breaking: Taylor Swift Says Bye To Big Machine, Announces New Deal With Universal Music, Republic Records!
We all knew Taylor Swift was about to finish her contract with Big Machine Records and the mystery was if she was going to renew or not. Well, the mystery is no more as Taylor announced today on social media that she is moving. She had signed a new contract that is making Universal and Republic Records her new home. Universal will be in charge of distributing her music worldwide from now on while Republic Records will be her official label exclusively in the U.S. However, to make this label change, Taylor had one condition for the CEO of the Universal Music Group. See below Taylor's full statement (scroll gallery):
Queen of taking care of her fellow recording artists at UMG!
Scott Borchetta of Big Machine Records must not be having a great day today but at least he got thanked for his support for believing in Taylor’s talent from day one in this statement.
Now here's a statement from the CEO of Universal Music Group, Lucian Grainge:
“Few artists in history approach Taylor Swift’s combination of massive global hits and creative brilliance. She is so multi-talented, she can achieve anything. I have such enormous respect for Taylor, in particular for her use of her hard-earned influence to promote positive change. Because of her commitment to her fellow artists, not only did she want to partner with a company that understood her creative vision and had the resources and expertise to execute globally on her behalf, she also sought a partner whose approach to artists was aligned with hers. With these shared beliefs, there is so much we can accomplish together, and all of us at UMG are enormously proud to be embarking on the next chapter of her career alongside her.”
And here's a statement from CEO of Republic Records, Monte Lipman:
“Taylor has not only captured the imagination of an entire generation, but has also redefined the paradigm of the modern music industry. Her commitment to songwriting and performing has earned her the respect of her peers and millions of adoring fans around the world. I can only imagine what Taylor is capable of achieving in the years to come, both culturally and creatively. I’m beyond thrilled to create an alliance with Republic Records and the incomparable Taylor Swift.”
I seriously can't wait for Taylor’s seventh studio album. No doubt she will now be able to access new producers and songwriters. She definitely has a lot of pressure on right now to record what should be her best album to date, to prove her new multi-million dollar contract is worth it, and I'm super convinced she will deliver.
- WOW! Miley Cyrus Covers Ariana Grande's "No Tears Left To Cry" on BBC Radio 1: Did She Improve The Original?
- Cardi B's "Carpool Karaoke" Feels Like The Best One Yet: Watch Full Episode Now!
- Alessia Cara Performs MIND-BLOWING Cover of Ariana Grande’s “Breathin’” On BBC Radio 1: Watch
- Will Zayn Be Dropped From RCA? First Week Sales For "Icarus Falls" Look DISMAL!
- Did Netsky & Stargate Rip Off Their New Song “Big Hearts” From K-Pop Girl Group Momoland’s “Fly”? You Be The Judge!
- Camila Cabello Wishes Now Her Debut Solo Album Wasn’t Named “Camila” But…
- Cardi B Doesn’t Want Offset To End Up Like Pete Davidson, Defends Him From Social Media Bullying After Embarrassing Failed Apology Ambush
- Miley Cyrus Delivers POWERFUL Performances Of “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” & “Happy Xmas ” On ‘SNL’: Watch
- PRETTYMUCH Shake It Like “Jello” In New Music Video, One Member Gets Into A Massive 'Nail' Controversy!