Avril Lavigne Sings "Fly" at 2015 Special Olympics Opening Ceremony: Watch Video!
And she finally performed it! I felt like it was years since Avril Lavigne announced she was going to perform her inspiring song “Fly” at the 2015 Special Olympics.
The Canadian singer, who’s now doing a lot better after being diagnosed with Lyme disease last year, performed the pop ballad that she co-wrote with husband Chad Kroeger and David Hodges last night (July 25) at the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics World Games 2015 held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Avril took the center stage as the competing athletes from all the countries around the world paraded with their national flags around the venue’s track field. She sounded beautiful and she definitely must’ve emoted everyone at the Coliseum and watching from home on TV with her delivery. She nailed her live comeback!
“Fly” was released on iTunes back in April and all proceeds will go to The Avril Lavigne Foundation, which supports children and youth with disabilities and serious illnesses.
- Dream Come True: Shawn Mendes For Calvin Klein
- Watch Little Mix's STEAMY Music Video For New Single "Think About Us" Now!
- Song Premiere: Lizzo - "Cuz I Love You"
- Song Premiere: Bebe Rexha - "Last Hurrah"
- Avril Lavigne Releases First New Album In 6 Years, Stream “Head Above Water” NOW!
- Song Premiere: Cardi B & Bruno Mars - "Please Me"
- Zedd & Katy Perry Officially Release "365", Music Video Is Out Too!
- BLACKPINK Take Over U.S TV, Perform “Ddu-du Ddu-du” on ‘Stephen Colbert’ & ‘GMA’: Watch
- Normani Premieres "Waves" Music Video: Watch Now