30 Seconds To Mars Go Hardcore Dark On ASAP Rocky-Assisted New Song "One Track Mind": Listen
This is one of the strangest 30 Seconds to Mars songs I have ever heard. Are they going really dark this era or what is going on? The Jared Leto-led band released an A$AP Rocky-assisted new song titled “One Track Mind” today and this officially serves as the latest ‘countdown single’ from 30 Second to Mars’ upcoming fifth studio album “America”, which hits stores on April 6th. But from what I know, ‘countdown singles’ are supposed to be good songs - maybe not “single material” good but good either way – that make fans excited about the new album. But at least in my case “One Track Mind” is doing the exact opposite. It’s just so bizarre. It’s a really slow, spooky and dark and to me personally it doesn’t go anywhere as a song (all I hear is an angry man and one who scares me with his singing). The dark synth beat must be praised as a “production” work, though, that I must say, and the ASAP Rocky rap was strong as well – in fact, now that I think about it “One Track Mind” would be better if it were an ASAP Rocky song. I could really hear him rap throughout the entire song over that dark beat. It fits him better than it does 30 Seconds to Mars.
Sorry for really hating. I simply was not expecting this. I was ready to give 30 Seconds of Mars some early coins with an album pre-order but having heard “One Track Mind” I will hold that action for a minute.
Do you like?
- New Song Premiere: Rita Ora - “Cashmere”
- Cheryl Slays ‘Love Made Me Do It’ Performance On ‘X Factor UK’ But Is The Single DEAD Already?
- BLACKPINK’s Lisa Slays ‘Taki Taki’ Choreography: Must-Watch
- Ella Mai Performs ‘Boo’d Up’ & ‘Trip’ On Her ‘SNL’ Debut
- Sabrina Carpenter Makes A Winning Court Case In “Sue Me” Music Video
- Little Mix Have Nothing To Hide In “Strip” Music Video
- Oh No She Didn’t: Ally Brooke Covers “Last Christmas”, Makes It A Dance Track