There’s just been confirmation that Justin Timberlake’s first single from his upcoming fourth studio album “Man of the Woods” (February 2) is called “Filthy”. The singer shared the official artwork for the song on social media this Wednesday morning and immediately after that we received a press release from his label in our email inbox that revealed more details about the single and a lot of the stuff Justin has planned for us.
So, here’s a summary:
- “Filthy” will be released this Friday, January 5th.
- January 5th will also be the pre-order launch date of “Man of the Woods”.
- The music video for “Filthy” will premiere this Friday on VEVO too.
- “The colorful, futuristic music video for “Filthy” was directed by groundbreaking and multiple award-winning director Mark Romanek. The dance heavy video features Timberlake as a modern day inventor presenting his latest creation to the world. This is the second time Timberlake and Romanek have teamed up for a one-of-a-kind video.”
- “Filthy” is co-produced by Timberlake, Timbaland, and Danja with additional writing credits from James Fauntleroy and Larrance Dopson.
- “Man Of The Woods marks Timberlake’s most ambitious album to date, both sonically and lyrically. Combining the sounds of traditional American rock with the modern influences of collaborators The Neptunes, Timbaland, Chris Stapleton, and Alicia Keys, this new material explores storytelling inspired by his son, his wife, and his personal journey from Memphis to where he is today.”
- Justin will release 3 additional new songs weekly starting on January 18th until the album comes out. Each song will have a music video.
From the album trailer, it appears “Man Of The Woods” will be Justin’s less commercial album yet, but from the producers that worked on “Filthy” and the “dance-heavy” description of its music video it all indicates Justin will play it safe for the lead single, releasing the most commercial song on the album as the album's official presentation (think of it as musical Troy Horse). Smart move. The more people he immediately gets hooked on his new music by means of the lead single the more will be interested in purchasing the album or buying early tour tickets, despite a potential lack of commercial music in the album.
Catie Turner Steals The Show at 'Idol' Season 16 Finale With Katy Perry "Part Of Me" Duet Performance!Popular Post
Watch The 2018 Billboard Music Awards Performances!Popular Post
Azealia Banks Premieres Provocative, Dance-Filled Music Video For "Anna Wintour": Watchone day ago
Jessie J Delivers Standing Ovation-Worthy Performance of "Queen" on "James Corden": Watchone day ago
Watch Jennifer Lopez's Fierce "Dinero" Music Video, Featuring An Ostrich Cameo!one day ago
Shawn Mendes - "Shawn Mendes" : Album Lyrics2 days ago
Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato Fight For Freedom In "Fall In Line" Music Video: Watch2 days ago
Zayn Unleashes "Entertainer", But Where Is The New Album?2 days ago