There’s just been confirmation that Justin Timberlake’s first single from his upcoming fourth studio album “Man of the Woods” (February 2) is called “Filthy”. The singer shared the official artwork for the song on social media this Wednesday morning and immediately after that we received a press release from his label in our email inbox that revealed more details about the single and a lot of the stuff Justin has planned for us.
So, here’s a summary:
- “Filthy” will be released this Friday, January 5th.
- January 5th will also be the pre-order launch date of “Man of the Woods”.
- The music video for “Filthy” will premiere this Friday on VEVO too.
- “The colorful, futuristic music video for “Filthy” was directed by groundbreaking and multiple award-winning director Mark Romanek. The dance heavy video features Timberlake as a modern day inventor presenting his latest creation to the world. This is the second time Timberlake and Romanek have teamed up for a one-of-a-kind video.”
- “Filthy” is co-produced by Timberlake, Timbaland, and Danja with additional writing credits from James Fauntleroy and Larrance Dopson.
- “Man Of The Woods marks Timberlake’s most ambitious album to date, both sonically and lyrically. Combining the sounds of traditional American rock with the modern influences of collaborators The Neptunes, Timbaland, Chris Stapleton, and Alicia Keys, this new material explores storytelling inspired by his son, his wife, and his personal journey from Memphis to where he is today.”
- Justin will release 3 additional new songs weekly starting on January 18th until the album comes out. Each song will have a music video.
From the album trailer, it appears “Man Of The Woods” will be Justin’s less commercial album yet, but from the producers that worked on “Filthy” and the “dance-heavy” description of its music video it all indicates Justin will play it safe for the lead single, releasing the most commercial song on the album as the album's official presentation (think of it as musical Troy Horse). Smart move. The more people he immediately gets hooked on his new music by means of the lead single the more will be interested in purchasing the album or buying early tour tickets, despite a potential lack of commercial music in the album.
Hear A Preview Of Demi Lovato’s New Song “I Believe”, From “A Wrinkle In Time” Soundtrack!14 hours ago
Florence Welch Graces W Magazine Cover With A Pig, New Album Before Summer?15 hours ago
Sean Paul’s New Single With Becky G May Be Officially Titled “Mad Love” But We All Will Know It By “Watch The Tempo”2 days ago
5 Seconds Of Summer Announce New Single “Want You Back”: See Artwork + Lyrics2 days ago
Tinashe Mesmerizes With All Her Dancing In "Faded Love" Vertical Music Video: Watch2 days ago
Heather Brave Releases “Feel You Watching” And I Feel Like You Should Be Listening: New Music Discovery!2 days ago
Fergie Delivers The Worst US National Anthem Performance In TV History: Watch… If You Dare!2 days ago
Watch Camila Cabello Perform “Never Be The Same” On UK’s “Dancing On Ice”2 days ago